Acute Lyme Bundle’s Key Benefits
- Garlic has been shown to have antimicrobial and anti-Borrelia properties
- Garlic also helps lower inflammation, particularly in the joints
- Neem helps patients dealing with Babesia, a common co-infection that often accompanies Lyme disease
- Astragalus is one of the best immune-boosting herbs for acute illness
- Probio Maintain is a six-strain, broad-spectrum, high-dose probiotic delivering 100 billion active cultures to enhance gut and immune health
Basic recommended dosages (for adults)
Do this program for roughly 1 month
- Garlic: 2 capsules once or twice per day
- Neem: 2 capsules once or twice per day
- Astragalus: 1/4 teaspoon twice per day
- Probio Maintain: 1 capsule once per day at least 1 hour away from garlic, neem and any antibiotic.
Basic recommended liquid dosages (for adults)
Do this program for roughly 1 month
- Garlic: 1/4 teaspoon twice per day
- Neem Liquid: 1/4 teaspoon twice per day
- Astragalus: 1/4 teaspoon twice per dayProbio Maintain: 1 capsule once per day at least 1 hour away from garlic, neem and any antibiotic.
These are our general guidelines. See FAQ for common modifications/customizations if you react too strongly to one of these products.
A study in 2018 found that garlic was effective against the bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi (the main strain of Lyme) in its stationary phase. Garlic was shown to have antimicrobial and anti-Borrelia properties and showed effectiveness in lowering inflammation. The only downside to garlic is that it stinks…like garlic.
Neem has properties against bacteria, yeast, parasites, and viruses. This gives us broad-spectrum coverage in case the tick was carrying any other pathogens, such as the parasite Babesia, Malaria’s ugly cousin. Neem is very important to include because the main antibiotic mentioned in the IDSA guidelines for acute Lyme (doxycycline) doesn’t touch Babesia.
While antibiotics and anti-microbial herbs can help kill these bugs, they can’t do it all. If you are having trouble with infections, the immune system is failing and you need extra support. Astragalus is one of the best immune-boosting herbs for acute illness.
Probio Maintain is a broad-spectrum, high-dose probiotic delivering 100 billion active cultures. This number is high enough to help your gut while you’re taking antibiotics. Each capsule of Probio Maintain provides six proven probiotic strains chosen for their ability to survive the harshest gastrointestinal environments and deliver superior results.
Top 4 Problems With Antibiotics Alone
It is fairly well accepted that if you catch Lyme and some of the co-infections within the first three months of being bitten, your chances of getting better quickly are much higher. However, the antibiotic-only approach can create some problems.
Problem No. 1: Antibiotics’ most common side effect is disturbing your gut bacteria. Many patients experience gut problems from taking antibiotics. Taking a probiotic during any course of antibiotics can help support gut health and lessen the chance of this unwanted side effect.
Problem No. 2: Antibiotics do not boost or enhance your immune system. Boosting your immune system’s ability to help fight off this invader is a more complete method of attack on any microbe. The astragalus in our bundle is terrific for this purpose.
Problem No. 3: Antibiotics do not deal with Lyme “persisters” or “biofilms.” Lyme bacteria’s main method of immune evasion is to try and put up a physical barrier called a biofilm. These biofilms prevent antibiotics from physically getting to the bacteria to kill it. The common drug doxycycline does not go through these biofilms and can leave Lyme “persisting,” which causes some patients to have long-term symptoms. Garlic has been shown to be effective against Lyme “persisters.”
Problem No. 4: Antibiotics, specifically doxycycline, do not help you with co-infections such as Babesia (a parasite) and any virus the tick can carry. Ticks can carry more infections than just Lyme. Doctors often refer to ticks as “Nature’s Dirty Needle.” It’s common that chronically sick people got bit by a tick that had Lyme plus a co-infection, which means they got two or more infections simultaneously from the same tick bite. Neem has a variety of antimicrobial properties and can help support your body’s fight against parasites and viruses. Neem gives broad support in case you got bit by a tick that gave you multiple infections, not just Lyme disease alone.
Acute Lyme Bundle FAQ
What are the common side effects of these Acute Lyme Bundle products?
Can I get a “Herx” or “die-off” reaction from these?
Any time you kill a microbe in the body, you can have an increase in inflammation as the immune system addresses the dead microbe. This can create an increase in inflammation, thus an increase in any symptoms. This is always possible, but Herx reactions are more common in chronic cases and far less common in acute.
Please note: See our article/video on Herx effects in general by clicking here.
What do I do if I get a Herx or feel worse taking the kit?
Are these herbs better in liquid or pill form?
What do the liquids taste like?
Can you mix all the liquid herbs together?
Does the garlic smell?
† These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Clinical Practice Guidelines. IDSA. Accessed April 25, 2022. https://www.idsociety.org/practice-guideline/lyme-disease/
- ILADS Treatment Guidelines. ILADS. Accessed April 25, 2022. https://www.ilads.org/patient-care/ilads-treatment-guidelines/
- Subapriya R; Nagini S. Medicinal Properties of Neem Leaves: A Review. Curr. Med. Chem – Anti-Cancer Agents, 2005, 5, 149-156.
Always be sure to speak with your healthcare provider before starting any new nutritional supplement when pregnant or nursing. For children, we recommend speaking with your child's pediatrician regarding proper dosing. Store away from children.