This product supplies a source of supplemental manganese, an essential trace mineral. Manganese is a cofactor for the synthesis of glycosaminoglycans (chondroitin sulfate), and as such is an important component in musculoskeletal health. Additionally, according to Natural Standard, “Mn is a cofactor for some enzymes, aids in the synthesis of fatty acids and cholesterol, facilitates protein and carbohydrate metabolism, and may also participate in the production of sex hormones and maintaining reproductive health.”
- Chen P, Bornhorst J, Aschner M. Manganese metabolism in humans. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2018 Mar 1;23:1655-1679. doi: 10.2741/4665.
- Studer JM, Schweer WP, Gabler NK, Ross JW. Functions of manganese in reproduction. Anim Reprod Sci. 2022 Mar;238:106924. doi: 10.1016/j.anireprosci.2022.106924. Epub 2022 Jan 18.
- Erikson KM, Aschner M. Manganese: its role in disease and health. Met Ions Life Sci. 2019 Jan 14;19:/books/9783110527872/9783110527872-016/9783110527872-016.xml. doi: 10.1515/9783110527872-016.
- Horning KJ, Caito SW, Tipps KG, Bowman AB, Aschner M. Manganese is essential for neuronal health. Annu Rev Nutr. 2015;35:71-108. doi: 10.1146/annurev-nutr-071714-034419. Epub 2015 May 13.
- Tuschl K, Mills PB, Clayton PT. Manganese and the brain. Int Rev Neurobiol. 2013;110:277-312. doi: 10.1016/B978-0-12-410502-7.00013-2.
Always be sure to speak with your healthcare provider before starting any new nutritional supplement when pregnant or nursing. For children, we recommend speaking with your child's pediatrician regarding proper dosing. Store away from children.
If loose stools occur, stop use and notify your healthcare practitioner.