Nest Breaker contains lumbrokinase, a group of proteolytic enzymes taken from the earthworm Lumbricus rubellus.
For centuries, the medicinal use of earthworms has been used in China to support blood circulation, healthy fibrin levels, healthy blood pressure and other cardiovascular functions. With years of studies backing up its effectiveness, lumbrokinase has been shown to support healthy coagulation of blood and enhance fibrinolytic activity without causing excessive bleeding.
The lumbrokinase in Nest Breaker has been shown to promote more fibrinolytic activity than nattokinase (Low Dose Nest Breaker) and comes in acid-resistant, delayed-release, phthalate-free, vegetarian capsules.
Why We Love Nest Breaker: Powerful cardiovascular support
These Babesia nests serve as reservoirs for the organisms and can prevent some patients from fully healing from the organism as it escapes normal circulatory patterns and cleaning in the spleen.
Prior to this product, we used a different enzyme (in the product Low Dose Nest Breaker) for this same purpose.
Overall, I have seen this product work as well in significantly lower dosages, and it has become our default option to ensure that anything designed to help kill Babesia can physically gain access to it in the bloodstream through the cardiovascular benefits of this enzyme.
- Darwin, C. The formation of vegetable mould, through the action of worms. London, John Murray, 1883.
- Michael Foster. A Text-Book of Physiology. Macmillan,London, 1878.
- Mihara H, Sumi H, Yoneta T, Mizumoto H, Ikeda R, Seiki M, Maruyama M. Jpn J Physiol 1991;41(3):461-72.
- Kim JS, Kang JK, Chang HC, Lee M, Kim GS, Lee DK, Kim ST, Kim M, Park S. J Korean Med Sci 1993 Apr;8(2):117-20.
- Ryu GH, Park S, Han DK, Kim YH, Min B. ASAIO J 1993 Jul-Sep;39(3):M314-8. Ryu GH, Park S, Kim M, Han DK, Kim YH, Min B. J Biomed Mater Res 1994 Sep;28(9):1069-77.
- Ryu GH, Han DK, Park S, Kim M, Kim YH, Min B. J Biomed Mater Res 1995 Mar;29(3):403-9.
- Park Y, Ryu E, Kim H, Jeong J, Kim J, Shim J, Jeon S, Jo Y, Kim W, Min B. Artif Organs 1999 Feb;23(2):210-4.
- Sugimoto M, Nakajima N. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 2001 Jul;65(7):1575-80.
- Jin L, Jin H, Zhang G, Xu G. Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 2000;23(2-4):213-8.
- Fan Q, Wu C, Li L, Fan R, Wu C, Hou Q, He R. Biochim Biophys Acta 2001 Jun 15;1526(3):286-92.
- Hwang CM, Kim DI, Huh SH, Min BG, Park JH, Han JS, Lee BB, Kim YI, Ryu ES, Kim JW. J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 2002 Dec;43(6):891-4.
- Nakajima N, Mihara H, Sumi H. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 1993 Oct;57(10):1726-30.
- Mihara H, Maruyama M, Sumi H. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 1992;23 Suppl 2:131-40
- Kim YS, Pyo MK, Park KM, Hahn BS, Yang KY, Yun-Choi HS.
- Arch Pharm Res 1998 Aug;21(4):374-7.
- Hrzenjak T, Popovic M, Bozic T, Grdisa M, Kobrehel D, Tiska-Rudman L. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 1998 Apr;119(4):825-32.
- Ziv E, Bendayan M. Microsc Res Tech 2000 May 15;49(4):346- 52.
Always be sure to speak with your healthcare provider before starting any new nutritional supplement when pregnant or nursing. For children, we recommend speaking with your child's pediatrician regarding proper dosing. Store away from children.