- Winkler G, Pál B, Nagybéganyi E, et al. Effectiveness of different benfotiamine dosage regimens in the treatment of painful diabetic neuropathy. Arzneimittelforschung. 1999 Mar;49(3):220-24. [PMID: 10219465]
- Loew D. Pharmacokinetics of thiamine derivatives especially of benfotiamine. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1996 Feb; 34(2):47-50. [PMID: 8929745]
- Brownlee M. The pathobiology of diabetic complications: a unifying mechanism. Diabetes. 2005 Jun;54(6):1615-25. [PMID: 15919781]
- Giacco F, Brownlee M. Oxidative stress and diabetic complications. Circ Res. 2010 Oct 29;107(9):1058-70. [PMID: 21030723]
- Hammes HP, Du X, Edelstein D, et al. Benfotiamine blocks three major pathways of hyperglycemic damage and prevents experimental diabetic retinopathy. Nat Med. 2003 Mar;9(3):294-99. [PMID: 12592403]
- Balakumar P, Rohilla A, Krishan P, et al. The multifaceted therapeutic potential of benfotiamine. Pharmacol Res. 2010 Jun;61(6):482-88. [PMID: 20188835]
- Thornalley PJ. The potential role of thiamine (vitamin B1) in diabetic complications. Curr Diabetes Rev. 2005 Aug;1(3):287-98. [PMID: 18220605]
- Du X, Edelstein D, Brownlee M. Oral benfotiamine plus alpha-lipoic acid normalises complication-causing pathways in type 1 diabetes. Diabetologia. 2008 Oct;51(10):1930-32. [PMID: 18663426]
- Haupt E, Ledermann H, Köpcke W. Benfotiamine in the treatment of diabetic polyneuropathy—a three-week randomized, controlled pilot study (BEDIP study). Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2005 Feb;43(2):71-77. [PMID: 15726875]
- Stracke H, Gaus W, Achenbach U, et al. Benfotiamine in diabetic polyneuropathy (BENDIP): results of a randomised, double blind, placebo-controlled clinical study. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2008 Nov;116(10):600-05. [PMID: 18473286]
Always be sure to speak with your healthcare provider before starting any new nutritional supplement when pregnant or nursing. For children, we recommend speaking with your child's pediatrician regarding proper dosing. Store away from children.
If loose stools occur, stop use and notify your healthcare practitioner.